Monday, April 21, 2008

D.C Saturday Shoot- Nicholas and Melissa

I had and amazing time in Washington D.C. the weekend before last. I flew in Saturday morning at about 11 and by 12:30 I had already met up with Melissa and Nicholas. Melissa and I knew even before this trip that we were going to become fast friends and we were right! We started off in the city and visited almost every monument. It was the last weekend of the Cherry Blossom Festival so it was a little difficult to keep people out of the pictures!! Nick had said he was going to be the third wheel with Melissa and I but I think we managed to avoid all the "girly" stuff we could have talked about! We even made a friend who I now call Mr. Squirrel. It was so cute.. I just wish he had bread or something to give him. He would have come much closer than he did!After walking all around the city we decided to go to "The Old Town" in Alexandria. What an amazingly beautiful town that was! We got more great shots and ate at a Thai restaurant for lunch. The we went back to the hotel to freshen up before we went out for another shoot. I really wanted to get some shots with the monuments lit up behind them and they turned out great! There are a ton of pictures that I could post so here are just a few for the blog. Make sure to watch the slideshow and stay tuned! D.C. Shoot #2 is coming soon!






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I wish I could go shoot that wedding with you! They look like such an amazingly fun couple! Fantastic job, as always!!

Melissa Manzione Photography said...

Leslie - we are SO happy with the results of our shoot. We had SUCH a blast with you and you captured our personalities so wonderfully. I am absolutely thrilled with the results!!

You're wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Great shots Les! I'm glad you didn't get arrested or harrassed like me. They do look like a great couple.

Unknown said...

These are really cool fun looking shots I like them a lot. Great job..

abcdef said...

What these are incredible, Leslie. YOu did an amazing job. HOpe all is well.

Micha Everett Photography said...

Great job as usual!!! It looks like you had a fabulous time ;0)

Leslie Roark Photography said...

Thank you everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

So how exactly did you get hooked up with a wedding in DC? I think I might break my no wedding rule for that!

Leslie Roark Photography said...

I shot a wedding here in Pensacola and Melissa is great friends with the bride. (If you go back to Januray you will see the Pensacola NAS wedding.) Anyway.. Melis loved it and wanted me as her photographer. Her other friend Katie also wanted me as well! Melissa's wedding is actually in Maryland and Katie's wedding is in VA!


Friends of Leslie Roark Photography!

BlogCatalog

Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Leslie Roark Photography