Tuesday, February 26, 2008

eat!, A Bridal Shower and a Rehearsal Dinner!


February 16, 2008 one of my best friends, Andrea, got married! So, the week before the wedding was pretty busy! Not only did I have "bridesmaid" obligations (so to speak.. I wanted to be there...hahaha)but I also had a wedding (see blog below). Several of the bridesmaids and I had been trying to plan a bridal shower luncheon for the day before the wedding. We decided that we would do it at Carraba's. Since we were not expecting a large crowd at the time of planning we didn't bother calling to reserve a time or table. For whatever reason, on the evening before the shower I decided to call just to let them know we might have about 10-15 people. To my dismay, I am told that they don't open until 4 o'clock! All I could think was, "Oh my gosh, what am I going to do?!" Looks like we would not be having the bridal shower at 12 at Carrabas!I called Steph, Andrea's Matron of Honor to fill her in. Since she is from Philly she couldn't really offer any other places close the the Crown Plaza where we were all staying. So, I decided to call the Crown Plaza to ask them if they had any restaurants within walking distance that they could recommend. Since so many people were flying in and taking the shuttle to the hotel we had to have somewhere close so that we did not have to worry about transportation. This was at about 8 p.m. About thirty minutes later a WONDERFUL employee at the Crown named Biko (who I had spoken with originally) called me back and gave me the name of a restaurant called eat! Yes, that's right eat! It is located on the corner of Wright Street and Palafox in downtown Pensacola.

I, as well as everyone in attendance at the bridal shower, have nothing but GREAT things to say about this restaurant. The food was AMAZING and very reasonably priced. You can check out their website at http://www.eatmorefood.com/. I would say the dress code is casual elegant. Jean's and a nice shirt are great attire for lunchtime. Dinner.. you would probably want to be a little more dressy.

As for the bridal shower, it could not have gone better! Here are some pictures of the wonderful food and festivities.


Jackie and Andrea

The Bride and her girls (minus one) Steph, Matron of Honer and The Bride The Bridal Shower attendees


Tessa (the flower girl) with her Mommy Andrea opening her gifts And below are just a few of the wonderful meals!


I'm still not quite done! Here are some pictures of the Rehearsal Dinner which was held at McGuire's Irish Pub in Pensacola. The food, as usual, was fantastic!!


The Bridezilla! (haha..no she was great!)


Andrea with her Brother-in-Law Robby


My Hubby and I (I had to throw it in here!)


The Bride with her Bridesmaids
Joe and Andrea Joe, Myself and Andrea


The couple at the end of the rehearsal dinner


So, if you have taken the time to get to the bottom of this.. THANKS! I hope you enjoyed. My blogging is not quite over. I still have the wedding to cover as well as another recent shoot! Just keep checking back for updates!

5 comments:

Micha Everett Photography said...

Looks like you guys had a great time and I am going to have to check that place out the food looks great!!!

Kricia Morris Photography said...

You're getting into this food photography! haha...i'm glad to have reaped the early benefits of this amazing talent you have! :)

abcdef said...

Hey Leslie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like you girls had a great time at the shower. The food looked great!

That's a really good shot of you and your hubby too! I hope you have a fabulous week! :-)

Unknown said...

It was definately a GREAT time!!! You guys did a great job finding that place for the shower and the rehearsal dinner was great!!! you were such a great Bridesmaid, and of course your a GREAT friend!!! I cant wait to see the rest of the pics you took!! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Seeing all that food I am ready to eat now.


Friends of Leslie Roark Photography!

BlogCatalog

Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Leslie Roark Photography