Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

So this is actually a bit late. My birthday was actually Tuesday the 12th but things have been a bit crazy. I took Tuesday off but had appointments surrounding them. One get rained out and then last night, after I had taken Kay in for surgery to get ear tubes that morning, I had to cancel because I was at the ER. Yep.. that's right! I went to the doctor because I had horrible abdominal pain and pain in my right side. I thought I was getting another kidney infection. But, my primary care doctor thought I had appendicitis and sent me to the ER (it was 5 before I saw him). He wanted me to have a CT Scan. Well, that came back that I had ovarian cysts on my right ovary. He gave me some pain meds and sent me home with direct instructions to make on appointment first thing this morning with my OB for TODAY. So that freaked me out a bit.. for good reason. I have a ruptured cyst that is bleeding and causing much pain. I am supposed to stay in the bed for a week and if the pain is not gone I got back in to determine if its still bleeding (typically these thing heal themselves). If so.. I have to have surgery to stop the bleeding. So right now it's pooling around some of my organs. It will eventually be absorbed but the more I move around the worse the pain is. Yuck.. so my birthday plans of bowling tomorrow night are over. I have to stay in bed. I promise I will return emails and phone calls as soon as I'm feeling up to it. Thanks for understanding!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday I know I am late. Happy Brithday to yoooooouuuuuuu! Mine is the 19th of this month. We are both leos:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! My goodness- you can't catch a break though! Praying for a quick recovery and that you feel MUCH better very soon! Oh, and the c.d. did arrive- thank you!! Get some rest!

Melissa Manzione Photography said...

Haaaaaaaaaappy Birthday tooo youuuuuu... happy birthday to youuuuuuu Happy Birthday DEAR LESLIEEEEEE, Happy birthday to youuuu!

Feel better love... can't wait to see you in September!!!

abcdef said...

Hey Leslie! Happy Belated Birthday. I hope it was everything you wished for. Thanks for stopping by to check on me, and for the leaving the blog love. Life has been so crazy right now. Hopefully after October things will slow down a bit and life will resume back to normal...if there is such a thing. :-)

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie!! Happy Birthday! Chad and I are praying for a speedy recovery for you. Take care and get plenty of rest!

Noel

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day LES! I hope to see you in DC!

Leslie Roark Photography said...

Thank you everyone! I'm slowly getting better and appreciate all the birthday wishes!!


Friends of Leslie Roark Photography!

BlogCatalog

Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Leslie Roark Photography