Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Time for Thanks..

So often I get frustrated because my precious little girl, whom I love with all my heart and soul, stays SO sick. I am always behind on editing because she is home sick with me. I find myself easily irritated when she is whining and constantly wants to be in my lap. I mean I'm not kidding.. I get NOTHING accomplished.

At the end of October while in Virginia shooting a wedding with Jason Lanier Productions, Don, another photographer on the team gave me a different perspective to look at. As we sat at the table, I believe we were eating breakfast, one of the team members asked me if I was going to have more children. My response was.. "Are you kidding?! I'm so frustrated that Kaydence stays so sick I couldn't possibly want more children! I couldn't handle it!!"

That's when Don said something that nearly made me cry. His response was, "Instead of being upset and frustrated that she is sick all the time, maybe you should be thankful that God felt you could handle taking care of a special little girl with such high needs." I honestly said, "WOW! I've never even thought of that."

Don's sentence is so true. So often we dwell on the problems and frustrations that we have but we never stop to think that these problems and frustrations are teaching us valuable lessons and making us stronger individuals. I personally often forget that although Kaydence is sick all the time, there are plenty of couples that would give anything to be able to have even a sick child.

So this year, as I sit down to break bread with my husbands family, instead of being sad that I can't visit my mom and the rest of my family.. instead of being upset that Kaydence is already sick again, I will be thankful that at least I have them as a part of my life and thankful that God gave me such a great family and trusted me with a child as precious as Kaydence!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Leslie and Kaydence
Photo above courtesy of Melissa Scott during her visit to Fort Walton Beach last month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Leslie!

Melissa Manzione Photography said...

Les! This post made me cry. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving :)

XOXO


Friends of Leslie Roark Photography!

BlogCatalog

Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Leslie Roark Photography